This document contains information about a future release and not the current stable version (3.1).
Be aware that information on this page may change and API's may not be stable for production use.
The framework uses caches to store infrequently changing values. By default, the storage mechanism is simply the filesystem, although other cache backends can be configured. All caches use the SS_Cache API.
The most common caches are manifests of various resources:
- PHP class locations (SS_ClassManifest)
- Template file locations and compiled templates (SS_TemplateManifest)
- Configuration settings from YAML files (SS_ConfigManifest)
- Language files (i18n)
Flushing the various manifests is performed through a GET
flush=1). Since this action requires more server resources than normal requests,
executing the action is limited to the following cases when performed via a web request:
- The environment is in "dev mode"
- A user is logged in with ADMIN permissions
- An error occurs during startup