This document contains information about a future release and not the current stable version (3.1).
Be aware that information on this page may change and API's may not be stable for production use.
Contributing Issues and Opinions
If you have discovered a bug in SilverStripe, we'd be glad to hear about it - well written bug reports can be half of the solution already!
- Framework Bugtracker
- CMS Bugtracker
- Documentation Bugtracker
- Search on http://silverstripe.org/modules for module-specific bugtrackers
Before submitting a bug:
- Ask for assistance on the forums, core mailinglist or on IRC if you're unsure if its really a bug.
- Search for similar, existing tickets
- Is this a security issue? Please follow our separate reporting guidelines below.
- Is this a issue with the core framework or cms? Modules have their own issue trackers (see silverstripe.org/modules)
- Try to reproduce your issue on a clean installation, maybe the bug has already been fixed on an unreleased branch?
- The bugtracker is not the place to discuss enhancements, please use the forums or mailinglist. Only log enhancement tickets if they gather a large interest in the community and the enhancement is likely to be implemented in the next couple of months.
If the issue does look like a new bug:
- Create a new ticket
- Describe the steps required to reproduce your issue, and the expected outcome. Unit tests, screenshots and screencasts can help here.
- Describe your environment as detailed as possible: SilverStripe version, Browser, PHP version, Operating System, any installed SilverStripe modules.
- (optional) Submit a pull request which fixes the issue.
Ensure you give us enough information to diagnose your issue:
- Switch your site to "dev mode". Paste any PHP errors with their stacktraces. A generic "Server Error" message is not enough information.
- Use the Chrome dev tools or Firefox dev tools
- Use the "Network" panel to determine if any XHR ("Ajax") requests have returned errors, and paste the HTTP headers as well as HTTP response body into the issue description.
Lastly, don't get your hopes up too high. Unless your issue is a blocker affecting a large number of users, don't expect SilverStripe developers to jump onto it right away. Your issue is a starting point where others with the same problem can collaborate with you to develop a fix.