The framework uses caches to store infrequently changing values. By default, the storage mechanism is simply the filesystem, although other cache backends can be configured. All caches use the SS_Cache API.
The most common caches are manifests of various resources:
- PHP class locations (SS_ClassManifest)
- Template file locations and compiled templates (SS_TemplateManifest)
- Configuration settings from YAML files (SS_ConfigManifest)
- Language files (i18n)
Flushing the various manifests is performed through a GET
flush=1). Since this action requires more server resources than normal requests,
executing the action is limited to the following cases when performed via a web request:
- The environment is in "dev mode"
- A user is logged in with ADMIN permissions
- An error occurs during startup