This section provides an overview on how things fit together, the "conceptual glue" between APIs and features. It is where most documentation should live, and is the natural "second step" after finishing the tutorials.
- Access Control and Page Security: Restricting access and setting up permissions on your website
- Caching: Explains built-in caches for classes, config and templates. How to use your own caches.
- Command line Usage: Calling controllers via the command line interface using
- Configuration: Influence behaviour through PHP and YAML configuration
- Controller: The intermediate layer between your templates and the data model
- Data Types: Types that properties on
DataObjectcan have (e.g.
- Datamodel: How we use an "Object-relational model" to expose database information in a useful way
- Debugging: Tracking down errors via logs, URL parameters and profiling
- Directory Structure: What are core files, where do modules and my own project files go?
- Emails: Configuring and sending emails
- Environment management: Sharing configuration details (e.g. database login, passwords) with multiple websites via a
- Error Handling: Error messages and filesystem logs
- Files and Images: File and Image management in the database and how to manipulate images
- Forms & form validation: Create your own form, add fields and create your own form template using the existing
- Internationalization (i18n): Displaying templates and PHP code in different languages using i18n
- Module Development: Creating a module (also known as "extension" or "plugin") to contain reusable functionality
- Modules: Introduction, how to download and install a module (e.g. with blog or forum functionality)
- Page Type Templates: How to build templates for all your different page types
- Page Types: What is a "page type" and how do you create one?
- Rich Text Editing: How to use and configure SilverStripes built in HTML Editor
- Search: Searching for properties in the database as well as other documents
- Security: How to develop secure SilverStripe applications with good code examples
- Testing: Functional and Unit Testing with PHPUnit and SilverStripe's testing framework
- Theme Development: Package templates, images and CSS to a reusable theme
- Using Themes: How to download and install themes
- Versioning: Extension for SiteTree and other classes to store old versions and provide "staging"
- Widgets: Small feature blocks which can be placed on a page by the CMS editor, also outlines how to create and add widgets