Form Field Types
This is a highlevel overview of available FormField subclasses. An automatically generated list is available through our [API]
- CheckboxField: Single checkbox field.
- DropdownField: A
<select>tag. Can optionally save into has-one relationships.
- ReadonlyField: Read-only field to display a non-editable value with a label.
- TextareaField: Multi-line text field.
- TextField: Single-line text field.
- PasswordField: Masked input field.
- FormAction: Button element for forms, both for
- ResetFormAction: Action that clears all fields on a form.
- AjaxUniqueTextField: Text field that automatically checks that the value entered is unique for the given set of fields in a given set of tables.
- ConfirmedPasswordField: Two masked input fields, checks for matching passwords.
- CountryDropdownField: A simple extension to dropdown field, pre-configured to list countries.
- CreditCardField: Allows input of credit card numbers via four separate form fields, including generic validation of its numeric values.
- CurrencyField: Text field, validating its input as a currency. Limited to US-centric formats, including a hardcoded currency symbol and decimal separators. See MoneyField for a more flexible implementation.
- DateField: Represents a date in a single input field, or separated into day, month, and year. Can optionally use a calendar popup.
- DatetimeField: Combined date- and time field.
- EmailField: Text input field with validation for correct email format according to RFC 2822.
- GroupedDropdownField: Grouped dropdown, using <optgroup> tags.
- MoneyField: A form field that can save into a Money database field.
- NumericField: Text input field with validation for numeric values.
- OptionsetField: Set of radio buttons designed to emulate a dropdown.
- PhoneNumberField: Field for displaying phone numbers. It separates the number, the area code and optionally the country code and extension.
- SelectionGroup: SelectionGroup represents a number of fields which are selectable by a radio button that appears at the beginning of each item.
- TimeField: Input field with time-specific, localized validation.
- CompositeField: Base class for all fields that contain other fields. Uses
<div>in template, but doesn't necessarily have any visible styling.
- FieldGroup attached in CMS-context.
- FieldList: Basic container for sequential fields, or nested fields through CompositeField.
- TabSet: Collection of fields which is rendered as separate tabs. Can be nested.
- Tab: A single tab inside a
- ToggleCompositeField: Allows visibility of a group of fields to be toggled.
- FileField: Simple file upload dialog.
- UploadField: File uploads through HTML5 features, including upload progress, preview and relationship management.
- CheckboxSetField: Displays a set of checkboxes as a logical group.
- TableField: In-place editing of tabular data.
- TreeDropdownField: Dropdown-like field that allows you to select an item from a hierarchical AJAX-expandable tree.
- TreeMultiselectField: Represents many-many joins using a tree selector shown in a dropdown-like element
- GridField: Displays a SS_List in a tabular format. Versatile base class which can be configured to allow editing, sorting, etc.
- ListboxField: Multi-line listbox field, through
- DatalessField - Base class for fields which add some HTML to the form but don't submit any data or save it to the database
- HeaderField: Renders a simple HTML header element.
- LabelField: Simple label tag. This can be used to add extra text in your forms.
- LiteralField: Renders arbitrary HTML into a form.