This document contains information for an outdated version (3.0) and may not be maintained any more.
If some of your projects still use this version, consider upgrading as soon as possible.
- Security: Require ADMIN for
?flush=1(stop denial of service attacks) (#1692)
Security: Require ADMIN for ?flush=1
Flushing the various manifests (class, template, config) is performed through a GET
flush=1). Since this action requires more server resources than normal requests,
it can facilitate denial-of-service attacks.
To prevent this, main.php now checks and only allows the flush parameter in the following cases:
- The environment is in "dev mode"
- A user is logged in with ADMIN permissions
- An error occurs during startup
This applies to both
flush=all (technically we only check for the existence of any parameter value)
but only through web requests made through main.php - CLI requests, or any other request that goes through
a custom start up script will still process all flush requests as normal.
Thanks to Christopher Tombleson for reporting.
- If you have created your own composite database fields, then you should amend the setValue() to allow the passing of an object (usually DataObject) as well as an array.
- If you have provided your own startup scripts (ones that include core/Core.php) that can be accessed via a web request, you should ensure that you limit use of the flush parameter
- Translation entity namespaces can no longer contain dots, since it conflicts with the YAML format.
- Translation entities defined in templates now use their fully qualified entity name without dots.
BackLink_Button_ss.Back. Please fix any custom language files or uses of those entities in custom code.
- If using "Māori/Te Reo" (mi_NZ) as your CMS locale, please re-select it in
admin/myprofileto ensure correct operation (it has changed its locale identifier)
- 2013-03-08 b81f39a Handle uncaught ValidationException on CMS controller execution (Ingo Schommer)
- 2013-02-27 e6fffb9 Remove content-length setting in HTTPResponse (Ingo Schommer)
- 2013-02-27 600d9cf Make Object::config use late static binding (Hamish Friedlander)
- 2013-02-12 10199f9 Data corruption on Versioned due to lazy loading (Julian Seidenberg)
- 2013-01-24 11f4b2c HTTP::urlRewriter with (string)$code deprecated in 3.1. Fixed regressions and CSS urls. (Damian Mooyman)
Features and Enhancements
- 2013-04-21 eb583c5 Added DataObject::getQueriedDatabaseFields() as faster alternative to toMap() API: CompositeDBField::setValue() may be passed an object as its second argument, in addition to array. (Sam Minnee)
- 2013-03-18 b401d39 Move temp data into a user-specific subfolder, to stop temp-permission bugs from occurring. (Sam Minnee)
- 2013-02-22 de641dd updated the reference index on doc.silverstripe.com 3.0 - There were lots of broken and missing links (Jeremy Bridson)
- 2013-08-05 5f9387c Constants magic_quotes handling needs function from Core (Hamish Friedlander)
- 2013-08-05 041466f Token redirect where in IIS a / needs adding between host & url (Hamish Friedlander)
- 2013-08-02 a685a8d Include flushtoken when install redirects to successfullyinstalled (Hamish Friedlander)
- 2013-08-01 3420587 Flush on memory exhaustion and headers sent (Hamish Friedlander)
- 2013-07-23 a1ea905 Nice errors and allows flush on module removal (Hamish Friedlander)
- 2013-07-22 84011aa Only suppress fatal errors (Hamish Friedlander)
- 2013-07-19 a312cd0 Ignore invalid tokens instead of throwing 403 (Hamish Friedlander)
- 2013-07-19 036c36a Have ParameterConfirmationToken work regardless of include path (Hamish Friedlander)
- 2013-07-18 1298d4a Prevent DOS by checking for env and admin on ?flush=1 (#1692) (Hamish Friedlander)
- 2013-07-15 999fd39 preg_replace_callback in emailer was broken (Stephen Shkardoon)
- 2013-06-13 3b40711 Resize infinite loops in IE8 (fixes #575) (Ingo Schommer)
- 2013-05-27 c7f1412 #651 Broken redirection after creating new folder in assets (Mike Parkhill)
- 2013-05-23 c85c495 GridFieldFilterHeader works without non-filterable cols (Ingo Schommer)
- 2013-05-08 00b8ffd File class typo (Tony Air)
- 2013-04-26 b211f22 JSONDataFormatter wrong relation identifiers (fixes #1795) (Ingo Schommer)
- 2013-04-20 41c0f80 Only block root vendor folder (colymba)
- 2013-04-01 df4d742 Saving of custom meta tags (fixes #8288) (Joseph Madden)
- 2013-03-29 3aced11 GridFieldFilterHeader only filters on last filter (Stig Lindqvist)
- 2013-03-27 19a8545 update deprecated 'live' jquery to 'on' (Naomi Guyer)
- 2013-03-25 0ebd525 Unset "underneath page" title when switching to "top" in "add page" (Ingo Schommer)
- 2013-03-25 3f2b6a5 Don't silently unset ParentID in "add page" dialog (Ingo Schommer)
- 2013-03-25 0a283ea Unset internal metadata on TreeDropdownField setValue() (Ingo Schommer)
- 2013-03-20 2787d36 "Insert Link" and other TinyMCE loading bugs (fixes #8327) (Ingo Schommer)
- 2013-03-20 143317c SQL Injection in CsvBulkLoader (fixes #6227) (Stephen Shkardoon)
- 2013-03-19 9ac104b $_COOKIES is not un-magic_quotes'd (Stephen Shkardoon)
- 2013-03-18 5c933b4 SilverStripeNavigator shows wrong message. (uniun)
- 2013-03-12 dd6f33a Respect tree node limits, fix search result node display (Ingo Schommer)
- 2013-02-26 a8a10f8 Transaction stub methods for better cross 2.x and 3.x compat (Ingo Schommer)
- 2013-02-17 c7b0666 Escape page titles in CommentAdmin table listing (Ingo Schommer)
- 2013-02-15 428cbe4 issue with Injector::create not passing args (Marcus Nyeholt)
- 2013-01-30 b24a0a5 Remove extraneous </div> breaking IE8 image embedding (os#8218) (Mateusz Uzdowski)
- 2013-01-15 50995fb Undefined
$allowed_actionsoverrides parent definitions, stricter handling of $allowed_actions on Extension (Ingo Schommer)
- 2013-01-06 eecd348 Keep Member.PasswordEncryption setting on empty passwords (Ingo Schommer)
- 2012-10-26 d8b106e TestRunner was not cleaning up DB on failure (Craig Weber)
- 2012-10-10 e2bf964 7934 When lazy loading fields respect version of the record (jean)
- 2012-10-05 1ffbb8f Exclude framework/dev from text collection (fixes #4754) (Ingo Schommer)
- 2012-09-10 17bd873 7853 Flush the content of drop down fields when closing html editor linker (links and images) (jean)