An overview of the SilverStripe installation and an introduction to creating a web page.
Building on tutorial 1, a look at storing data in SilverStripe and creating a latest news feed.
Capture and store user information through web forms.
Enable website search. How to handle paged result sets and the SearchForm class.
Learn how to create custom DataObjects and how to build interfaces for managing that data.
These include video screencasts, written tutorials and code examples to get you started working with SilverStripe websites.
- How to set up a local development environment in SilverStripe
- Lesson 1: Creating your first theme
- Lesson 2: Migrating static templates into your theme
- Lesson 3: Adding dynamic content
- Lesson 4: Working with multiple templates
- Lesson 5: The holder/page pattern
- Lesson 6: Adding Custom Fields to a Page
- Lesson 7: Working with Files and Images
Help: If you get stuck
- Common Problems: Review some existing solutions to common problems.
- SilverStripe Community Forums: Head over to the forums and ask the community for help.